Candor collects information about its users when you visit www.candormedical.com or app.candormedical.com
If we need to use your information for anything else, we will seek additional consent from you to do this.
Candor collects your personal information to:
- Enable your access to our website and services
- Provide you with our goods and services including healthcare services
- Manage and administer those goods and services
- Manage and maintain accounts
- Facilitate and provide consultations with our Candor GPs
- Communicate with you regarding our goods and services
- Manage business related activities including (but not limited to): performaning website audits, managing payments, managing refunds and returns
The information we will collect about you includes your:
- Identifying information including names, date of birth, address information, and contact details
- Medical information including medical history, medications, allergies, adverse events, immunisations, social history, family history and risk factors
We collect your personal information through our website, and if required through consultation with our doctors. We initially obtain personal and demographic information and may collect further information during the course of providing our services. We will obey any required laws when collecting your personal information. Our GP’s are provided this information where necessary.
There are a number of reasons we might handle your information:
- Marketing, communications, giving your doctor or other medical facilities access to the information so they can assist you.
- Complying with regulatory obligations
- General running of the business
Candor may use your personal information to improve the quality of the services we offer to our patients through research and analysis of our patient data.
Candor will only disclose your personal information where necessary.
Your Candor GP is provided with any personal and medical information you provide to Candor, as well as information about previous treatments and consultations you have purchased through Candor.
Your email address, credit card information, and basic information about consultations or treatments you purchase are made available to our third party payment processors at the time of purchase.
Your contact information and prescription information are provided to our partner pharmacy when you pay for a treatment through Candor.
Candor may use third party software applications to manage and store patient information.
There may be other situations where it is necessary for Candor staff or external parties to access your personal information including but not limited to:
- Where it is nescesary to provide medical care
- Where it is nescesary to facilitate the running of the business
- Where we are legally obligated to do so in order to co-operate with a law enforcement authority
We may provide de-identified data to other organisations to improve population health outcomes. This information is secure, patients cannot be identified and the information is stored within Australia. You can let us know if you do not want your information included.
Candor may use your de-identified information for market research, or to improve and develop our website and services.
We retain all records electronically. We maintain appropriate security levels and limit access to information to people who need it within the organisation.
You have the right to request access to, and correction of, your personal information.
Candor will take reasonable steps to correct your personal information where the information is not accurate or up to date. From time to time, we may ask you to verify that your personal information held by Candor is correct and current. You may also request that we correct or update your information, and you should make such requests in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may send you marketing communications online. You may opt out of direct marketing at any time. We will not sell your data for marketing purposes.
We will not share your personal information with anyone outside of Australia (unless under exceptional circumstances that are permitted by law) without your consent. We do not currently transfer information overseas directly, but we may engage with cloud service providers who store information overseas.
We reserve the right to change this policy.
The last update to this policy was made on 09/06/22.